There’s no question that more and more people are now turning to vaporize or vaping, as their preferred method of consuming cannabis, and we at Canada Weed Dispensary understand what a bummer it can be when your vape cartridge malfunctions. However, it isn’t always true that you must return the product to solve this problem. Sometimes all it takes is a little troubleshooting knowledge that can save you the time it would take to have the product rectified and sent back to you.
Below are some tips on what to do if you ever run into problems while using your vaporizer.
Problem #1: My Vape Pen Won’t Charge or Draw
One of the most common problems you’re likely to encounter with your vape pen is when the battery doesn’t fire the heating element (firing pin). There could be a number of reasons behind this, but 2 are usually the problem.
1. Problem with the connection plate: What you need to do here is to adjust the connection plate inside the thread to get better contact with the battery. Remember the connection plate is what enables your charger to transmit power to the battery when charging. To fix this simply use a sharp object like a paper clip to push up the connection plate inside the thread as shown in the video below:
2. The firing pin has residue on it: Vape pens are the most simple objects to clean and maintain, but not everybody does it. Cleaning regularly will not only extend its life but can help prevent problems with the firing pin. This can be done by dubbing the inside of the vape pen’s chamber with a cotton bud dipped in isopropyl alcohol, and you’re good to go.
Problem #2: Vape Pen Doesn’t Produce Any Vapor
Sometimes your vape pen doesn’t produce any vapor even when the battery shows that it’s charged. When this happens the most likely cause is that the firing pin in the cartridge doesn’t have proper contact with the battery. This can happen when the cartridge is screwed in too tight.
To avoid this, just ensure that the firing pin is pulled out to the point where it’s flush with the bottom of the cartridge, which you can do by using the tip of a pocket knife, a razor blade, or paper clip. You can then connect it to a charged battery to check if it’s “pulling” properly.
Below is a video showing how to pull out the firing pin with the aid of a paper clip:
Using this simple method your vape pen should be working A-Okay. A word of caution- please be careful not to cut yourself while doing this.
Problem #3: My Vape Pen Produces a Burnt Taste
If the taste coming off your vape pen leaves a lot to be desired (usually it’s an unpleasant burnt taste), the likely reason could be:
- You need to clean the heating coil
- You may be vaping too soon after filling a new cartridge
Luckily it doesn’t take a genius to rectify this problem. The easiest solution is to regularly clean your atomizer head and to replace your current coil with a new one if cleaning it no longer works.
Problem #4: My Vape Pen Leaks
Another problem that people frequently report is a leaking cartridge, which can be a real put off. Some of the common reasons why vape pens leak include:
- Chain vaping, or puffing continuously with hardly any break in between, which can also cause the heating coil to malfunction.
- Leaving your vape pen in the car during hot weather which causes the cannabis oil to ooze out as the cartridge expands. The best way to avoid a leaking vape pen is to ensure that various components of your vape pen are screwed in securely.
Problem #5: My Reusable pen is plugged
If you have a re-usable pen, it can sometimes get plugged while you’re taking a puff. If it does, try taking the reusable tip-off and gently blow into it on both ends. Sometimes a puff of smoke will come out when you do this, which instantly unplugs it.
While this list may not cover all the challenges you might run into when using your vape pen, we hope this information will go a long way in making your vaping experience more pleasant and trouble-free. In case you have questions this guide can help you resolve many of the issues that you’ll come across when using a vape pen.
Discover our wide variety of vape pens
At Canada Weed Dispensary we sell lots of popular brands of Cannabis Vape Pens including Pure Pulls, GURU, Flyte, Happy Face, and ErbaTips guaranteed to make your vaping experience so much more awesome!
Top Selling Cannabis Vape Pens:
- Pure Pulls Re-usable Vape Pens
- GURU THC Disposable Vape Pen
- Happy Face THC/CBD Vape Pen
- Flyte Vape Pen Kit
- ErbaTip THC/CBD Cannabis Vape Pen
- Pure Pulls Disposable Vape Pens
Vape pens are quickly becoming the trendiest way to consume cannabis because they’re very discreet and convenient, and we’ve got a ton of products to suit your particular taste. For example, you can now enjoy both our disposable and re-useable vape pens. Just so you know, re-usable pens come with a charger and refill cartridges and although they cost a little more, they’re well worth it.
So go ahead, sign up now for an unforgettable experience.